Sunday, September 26, 2004

Kitchen Capers

Well, it's been a relatively boring weekend. I've been working in the cafe so that I will have monies to spend on travel, yeah. I'm really pretty good in a kitchen, well, except for the onion, but anyway I can do most things you ask me to. I was working with a different group this weekend. We had four different nationalities; American, Kenyan, Serbian and Korean. Everyone just kind of left everyone to their business except the Korean woman. When I got there for my first shift I was supposed to cut up brocolli, an easy 1 person job. So I'm sitting there chopping away when the Korean woman comes in, she doesn't even ask the supervisor what he wants her to do she just comes over and buts in on my job. Odd, I thought but it wasn't a big deal and so I just kept working. This behaviour, however, was not a one time thing. Whenever I was given a job, and rarely was it necessary for more than one person to be working on it, she would come over and but in. It got to the point that I was making crepes and would flip the lot, she would come in and a mere second after I had just flipped them she would reflip them. Her logic completely escaped me. She was supposed to be washing dishes but for some reason she had to come in and do my job for me which ended up making it harder for me to get the crepes cooked correctly. Does this make sense to anyone? Unfortuneatly this is a bit anticlimactical as I felt the pleasure that would have come from causing a scene outweighed the cost of possibly losing my job. But oh how I would have loved to turn and ask her, "what the hell are you doing?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Valakun said...

Sigh...just another reason to dislike working a cafe. And if it's been a boring weekend then why haven't you been around to talk to?

4:17 PM  
Blogger Fateduel said...

They were yummy crepes! I had one delivered to me by a confused guy! But the strawberry whipped creamédness wasn't the greatest, especially after it had congealed on the plate and kinda jiggled like aspic or something. Not fun.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home