Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Sonnet

I stumbled upon this in the process of cleaning my room out and thought I might share it with the world. A slight preface, this was an asignment that I was not terribly keen on at the time so forgive it a few shortcomings.

The wind sits softly in the tranquil trees
Proposing soft and delicate musings
As gentle aromas creep through the breeze
We think on things not quite so confusing

As all other thoughts are sifted away
Your visage begins to float through my mind
I see the beauty as it passes my way
As I sit and sip my cup of wine

Your compassion and grace come full in view
Along with your ever sensitive heart
As I sit here in doubt upon this pew
I realize I love you not in part

And so with this existence nearly done
I discover your love compares to none

I'm thinking of trashing the second bit and putting another four line segment between what is now the third segment and the last two line. Use it to expound upon the subject a bit more. I am up for any suggestions and a crash course in sonnets would be helpful as I can't quite remember all the rules.
To Be Continued

1 Comments:

Blogger Fateduel said...

ooo
I like!
I like it as it is although if you think it needs some more work then that's cool too, but really, it's awesome!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home