Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Italy Again

As I sit here in the internet cafe in Rome I am thankful for wonderful pasta, wonderful cheese, wonderful gelato and yes, wonderful cafe latte. We leave tomorrow for Florence to see Berninis and other wonderful statuary and then off to Venice for New Years Eve. Should be loads of fun. We got to Rome last Sunday and have visited all the normal sites; the coloseum, the roman forum, palantine hill, the vatican musuem (add another patch to my bag), st peters basilica, the cattacombs and the national roman musuem. Pretty average but still cool.
We spent Christmas day on the train and then in Vernazza which is a tiny, 500 people, town on the coast of italy. As a wonderful Christmas surprise we saw over a dozen cats in the little town which helped to make up for missing my Mo cat in Oregon.
The first week of our Continental Tour was spent lazily in Provence and the French Riviera. We had a condo to come back to every night and a laid back feeling pervaded the trips to Nice, Cannes, Monoco (another patch if I can find one), Marseile, Arle, Avignon, etc, etc. We found several antigue markets and I got a tea service for 12 for €35. It is gorgeous, simple white china with a gold trim and some gold flowers. Elegent and anything but busy. My dad took it home with him so I think my first use of it will be for tea at my birthday party in June. Well, gotta run now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valakun said...

Wow, an update and an email! Wish I could have been around for a chat but like you said the email was delayed. I've been checking three times a day since I got home. Sounds like you're having a ball. Cheers!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home