Monday, October 11, 2004

Girly

I have just been called girly. Not that I really mind the girly portions of my personality, I have actually come to quite enjoy them. But being called girly reminded me of how my "brother" Hadley used to call me girly as a sort of a nickname. And as I swing into this mood of rememberance I recall dances, events and dress fittings from which I am currently seperated having not made any for over a year now.
For those of you who are confused I am a Civil War Reenactor. I dress in multiple layers of petticoats and hoops and go camping with none of the modern conviences offered by such places as G.I.Joes or R.E.I. I have found the joys of cooking over a fire with cast iron pots and sleeping in frigid temperatures with only two wool blankets to keep warm with. And as I sit here in a state of somber meloncholy at my missed hobby I think of the fact that I will be again at that reenactor mecca this summer after two years of absense.
Well...I'm done being all remembery now so go away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ralikat said...

...I cooked over a fire once!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Ralikat said...

...but I wasn't called girly.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home