Saturday, June 11, 2005

Scared

I can't sleep tonight and I am not sure where to go from the place my thoughts have left me. I am realizing just how much the friends I have made over the last year mean to me as I realize how very much I miss having them around.
I hate crying, even in private, but that is where I find myself. Scared because everyone one I know and care about keeps leaving. Usually it is a physical departure but then that tends to end up with both of us checked out of the friendship.
Scared that I found the place, the group, whatever you wish to call it that I fit and I belong but that it is gone unable to be grasped.
Scared that if I am able to keep up with the precious friends I am scared of losing that the friendships I make where I am will forever pale in comparison.
And into this mixture comes a random article. It reminds me of the loss of another precious friend through time and distance. It reminds me of the incessant writing of the friends I fear to lose. And how amazed always am out how prolific their writing is and yet how it is never watered down by the vast quantity written.
I'm scared.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ralikat said...

*sigh* I'm scared too...honestly.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Fateduel said...

Much fear I sense in you...
;) (think Yoda from Star Wars)
But I must concur with both of your sentiments.
Honestly? I'm scared to death, I should probably be bawling curled up in a ball on the floor in the corner but where would that get me?
*sigh* so we stick it out, with our meagre little portion of faith: all we have left to hold in the night, like a nasty, dirty security blanket that hasn't been washed in forever and is starting to smell.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Avi said...

You have captured exactly how I have been feeling as well. I have realized that one of my deepest fears is being forgotten, and also forgetting someone I love. Just yesterday I was reading something RK posted and I started crying because I missed you guys so much. So... you're not alone.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home