Saturday, June 11, 2005

The writing kills me

by Kevin Brusett

The writing kills me. It happens too slowly. Hearing the argument in real time, out in the open space, helps me process the merits more intelligibly.

"Words are like fish traps. Once you catch the fish, you no longer need the trap" (Henri Nouwen)..........so the usefulness comes in the idea that they convey...

So what idea can I leave you with...irrespective of the words...that would reflect this fork in the road? Here's the try.

I'm in love with Jesus.

He's it.

My religion, my family, my school and my job all take their cue from Him.
Sounds a little simplistic to me at times. However, I haven't found a better process yet. And I'm still looking.

Sometimes He gets cloudy...the image fuzzes. Like driving along the coast when the fog rolls in and you try to see the sun...and it breaks through now and then. You know it's there...just not visible all the time...

When I get phone calls that my father is ill...
When church politics steamroll through relationships...
When my heart is heavy with the journey...
It gets foggy........misty........mystical............and yet, I know He's there...
He'll break through...
Just takes time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ralikat said...

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes, it's so difficult - impossible even to see clearly. And yet, in retrospect - it always seems so evident. It's really frustrating sometimes *sigh* But it comes, in the end.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Andunneana said...

Went to PAA, been to Bridge City some when it first started and once since Brusett moved there.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home