Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"The love of one country leads to the hate of another"

As I walked through the colorful produce and flowers of the Portland Farmer's Market I was once again ambushed by memories of England. While it did bring up some longing for what is there it also forced me to admit the thought that has been percolating in my mind for the last week or so. I loved England because I love Portland.
England is the grand mirror with a gilt frame that has everything I love about Portland only bigger, or grander, or in more abundance. The fact that what I have here in Portland is smaller and simpler does not make me love it any less. For while the two mirror each other they still also retain their own uniqueness that lets me love them both.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ralikat said...

I love England because I hate California.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Valakun said...

WOot a new post! Hmm, gotta keep with the trend though. I love England cause its piled to overflowing with history.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Fateduel said...

I love England because I love anything with tea that prevalent.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home