Saturday, November 12, 2005

Christmas lights on Nov. 11?

As I drove through the delightful darkness on my journey home last night I came upon a ghastly sight. The quite beast had been ambushed and hogtied and his defeat was bright for everyone to see. What cruel poacher did such a thing in a time when the beast was meant to be free? Could he not wait a mere fortnight for hunting season to open? Or was he so untrained as to have to attack when the beast would not expect it in order to conquer it?
And yet I know this is simply the beginning and that my own beast will also be hogtied brightly soon. I wonder at the implecations of a society incapable of knowing it is Christmas with out this mass waste of energy? Have we lost all traditions that held any meaning? Have we replaced them all with expensive glitz and glam that makes it impossible to enjoy the simple joys of the season? I want a simple tree, with simple trim. A hearty meal made together with love by all who partake. A gift given with love, not required.
We are lost, can we find ourselves in time?

4 Comments:

Blogger Avi said...

My roommate has been threatening to festoon our room with lights for weeks now. I don't know how much longer I can hold her back... I told her at least wait until AFTER Thanksgiving. Honestly, some people...

12:14 PM  
Blogger Valakun said...

The answer is yes. I'll leave it to you to figure out which question that answers.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Ralikat said...

To quote something I wrote a few days ago, "Too many people don't find themselves anymore".

1:01 AM  
Blogger Fateduel said...

To answer your questions in turn:
An idiot.
Nope.
Yes.
Yes.
Absolutely.
I can only hope.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home