Thursday, May 11, 2006

Imperfect Reborn

Tesori-male
Daphne-female
Small nondescript stage with entrances back left and right. There is a small hole, 4” x 4”, on the stage right side, not on the back, in the side.
Daphne enters with backpacking backpack looking around enthusiastically.
Daphne: I’m here!
I’m here!
I’m here!
More exploration. Enthusiasm begins to wane.
Daphne: (imploring an answer) I’m here.
I’m here.
I’m here?
No response. Removes backpack and sits down still searching for an answer.
Daphne: I’m here?
No response, sits protectively.
Daphne: (sadly) I’m here.
Pause
Noise from the hole.

Tesori appears.
Tesori: I’m here.
Daphne: (running to hole) I’m here, I’m here.
Tesori: I know.
Daphne: You should be here.
Tesori: I should.
Daphne: I miss you.
Tesori: You’ll live.
Pause
You’ll love it.
Daphne: I know.
Pause
I’ll try.
Goodbye
Tesori: Goodbye

4 Comments:

Blogger Ralikat said...

That is indeed quite postmodern, darling.

I, of course, love it :) The Widgester and I did something very similar impromtu in the car on the way back to Faifer's house one night.

Postmodern drama is lovely. If you ever want to collaborate, let me know :D

9:17 PM  
Blogger Valakun said...

Wow, she updated. I've always had trouble visualizing plays just by reading a script. You'll have to show it to me sometime. Then i'll give you some input.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Valakun said...

Ok, i've looked it over more and I have some ideas about what it's about. But with it being postmodern and all i'll reserve my ideas until i can voice them in person. DOn't wanna insult anyone or make myself look like a fool when i get it wrong.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Fateduel said...

A playwrite!
Dearie me, you shall have to write some plays and then force me and Becca to be in them :)

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home